- Write the important Annual Enrollment dates to remember on your Calendar, and clip your calendar on your fridge.
- Don’t eat that midnight snack until you’ve read the dates at least once.
- October 1st— we can talk about your options!
- October 15th— The AEP games begins.
- December 7th—AEP comes to exhausting close.
- January 1st— Plan changes go into effect.
- Compare your medications to the formulary (drug list) mailed to you by your drug plan company.
- Consider changing your drug plan if some of your medications are no longer covered or if the premium is too high (call OSHIIP at 800-686-1578 to reshop your plan).
- Call us and set up an appointment to have a good chat about your Advantage plan.
- Consider switching Advantage Plans if:
- Your hospital or doctor went out-of-network
- Plan changes for the following year result in jaw-dropping out-of-pocket spending or a high premium.
- Your medications are no longer covered or are costing a lot.
- Your Advantage plan is (all around) a bit of a drag.
6. Remember — you can change your Medicare Supplement any day of the year. If you currently have a supplement, you are not bound by AEP in order to switch companies. However, if you want to switch from a Medicare Supplement to a Medicare Advantage plan or if you want to switch from a Medicare Advantage plan to a Medicare Supplement, you must do that during this time.
7. As a golden rule, your ultimate to-do list item is …plan ahead!
Still confused about what to do? Give our office a call at 937-492-8800, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/seniormark or fill out the contact page and we will be in touch: https://seniormark.com/contact/. We are here to help!